Prepare & Submit Proposals
The Proposal section is responsible for reviewing and approving requests for external funding prepared and submitted by the campus community to Federal, State, and Private Sponsors. Proposal staff review proposals for budget accuracy, interpret regulations and proposal guidelines, provide training where necessary, and act as a liaison with sponsor officials to respond to questions and requests for additional documentation to support award issuance.
Helpful Tips for Proposal Preparation:
Contact your Departmental Staff to assist with budgets, forms, and guideline interpretation.
Utilize the OSP Website.
Review Sponsor Guidelines prior to contacting OSP.
Don’t include Cost Sharing unless it is mandatory.
Components of a Proposal Package:
- Proposal Intake Form (completed, with appropriate signatures)
- Budget Template with the applicable F&A rate in accordance with the F&A Rate Justification Reference.(FY18 budget template is also available for Other Sponsored Activities beginning prior to 7/1/18 only.)
- Budget Justification
- Statement of Work
- Any other materials as required by the Sponsor
- Proposal Guidelines (or a link to them)
- All information must be submitted through the PAIF (about)